I am so happy you are here! You may have probably already booked with me for your newborn & family photography session, or are thinking about it. Yay! My clients are the heartbeat of my business. You are my passion, my excitement, and my dream. I have put together a step by step guide on how you and your family can prepare for a newborn and family photography session with me.
Most of my clients typically book me while they are still pregnant. (However, if you have already had your baby, send me a message anyway and we will see what we can do!) Here’s how things will go once baby has made their arrival into this world..
1) Contact me: As soon as you have had your baby, email me so we can get you on the schedule. Newborns are best photographed between 4-14 days old. The sooner you let me know, the more options we will have within that window.
2) Night before: If you feel up to the challenge, you can give your baby a relaxing bath. Gently wipe away any flaky skin and gunk around the eyes. You can use non-greasy & non-fragranced lotion on any dry skin. (My fav is Hello Bello, all natural, easy to rub in, and affordable!)
3) The day has arrived: I am so excited to meet your family! One thing I don’t want you to do is stress. I really want you to have an enjoyable & peaceful time! I know photography sessions are a big deal, and the pressure to make sure everything goes perfectly can create a lot of anxiety (especially when toddlers are involved!) Even if everyone arrives crying, I promise you we will create beautiful art together. (Trust me, I have 2 small children, we can do this!)
4) The ideal schedule: Keep your baby awake for 45-60 minutes, then change them into a dry diaper and easy to remove sleeper. Give your baby a full feed & a good burp, then head on over to the studio! This way baby arrives milk drunk and in a deep sleep from the vibrations of the car ride. *However* we all know that babies really don’t care about your plans, so do your best and don’t stress! 🙂 If your newborn has siblings who are going to be a part of the session, some parents choose to drive separately so that once the family & sibling photos are done, dad can take the older kids out for lunch.
5) Arrival: I will email you my address and phone number the day before your session. You can park in the driveway and text me when you arrive. We will go through the back door and down the stairs to my heated and cozy home studio located in Aldergrove, 2 minutes from West Edmonton Mall.
6) Relax: You did it! You made it! Sit back and enjoy your session. I will take care of everything. Some parents prefer to watch the session while others watch Netflix, or even fall asleep on the couch. Make yourself comfortable and you do you!
7) Choosing your photos: Once you are home I will go through all of your images and narrow it down to the top 40-50 photos. I will then email you a proofing gallery of the unedited images where you will be able to choose your favourites, and any photography products you would like to purchase. Once you have finalized your selection, I will begin editing for you and deliver your online gallery within two weeks.
What to bring:
What to wear:
If you have any questions about your newborn & family photography session, please do not hesitate to reach out! I look forward to creating something beautiful for you.